Friday, September 19, 2014

Artefact brainstorming!

I have been Brainstorming and constantly thinking of ideas for my Artefact, i feel like its back to the beginning in some respect, like when i was brainstorming for ideas for my Inquiry! Does anybody else feel like this?

One major improvement in my thinking has been maybe i will do a Website. I did think of a Facebook page at first but i feel that isn't as discreet as it is quite a personal subject, dealing with pressures of the industry.

People may want to search for help about personal issues and going onto a website that shows places to go for help and shares coping strategies may be more useful.

Below are some of my brainstorming sessions i did over the summer:











Any help or ideas that we could discuss would be great, just leave a comment! 

Heather X 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Heather,

    I've been thinking about a website too, for two reasons:

    Firstly, as I live abroad I need to think about the feasibility of both making and transporting/submitting my artefact.

    Secondly, it will allow me to use different mediums to show my findings (writing, pictures, video etc) if that is something I feel I need to do/a journey I feel my inquiry takes me on.

    It tough though....I feel like there's so little time!

    Take care, Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather

    Yes...I'm finding it quite mind-blowing. I had thought about doing a Youtube clip, similar to Module 1. It was either that or Powerpoint. I had thought about a small book, but like you put in your cons, it's a little impersonal.
    I think we have to try and reach people on a more personal basis.
    My topic is based on a human quality and dance teaching, and I'd like my audience to be for other dance teachers who have the same questions or difficulties that I face when teaching.

    And Megan is soooo right,,,,there is very little time!

    All the best!

    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this Heather - yes the artefact and the critical review both represent what you found out from the inquiry - the artefact is more for the professional audience - who will your audience be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula

    I have decided i want my audience to be aimed at all performers and dance teachers, performers in and out of work and teachers. The reason for this is because i wish to show the 'help' i have found for people struggling with the pressures of the performing arts industry. I feel i could do this well in the format of a website as it is accessible to everyone and discreet if people don't feel comfortable talking about their issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. However depending on time it may be more realistic that i do a power point presentation like in Module 1.

    Does any one know how to go about created a webpage, anyone know any free weblinks?

    Thanks

    Heather x

    ReplyDelete