Monday, October 20, 2014

Update with Paula

I have just had a phone call with Paula to update about how i am getting on with the inquiry process.

I found this very interesting and helpful, talking about the literature review i realised that i am being to generalised in my review of the articles rather than relating it to my inquiry. I need to make sure that all the literature is relevant and that i can compare it to my findings.

Paula opened my eyes to the different types of sources we may come across, especially expert and practitioners and how i need to make sure i  explain where each source has come from andy how it is helpful. 'Why did i choose it?' 'where did it come from?'

We talked about Harvard Referencing and although i have done it for the previous two modules i now feel a lot happier about how it works.

I am lucky enough to be meeting with dance psychologist Peter Lovett next monday so we discussed how i really need to be prepared in order to get the most out of my experience as he is an expert in his field and will be great for my inquiry.

Peter Lovett is working with Dance UK and Trinity Laban on a new project similar to my Inquiry so it is perfect timing, Peter Lovett has knowledge from his expertise but is also researching so i should come away with a huge amount of new ideas and knowledge.

I will do a blog about how the meeting goes!

Heather X

2 comments:

  1. Hello Heather!
    I also had a chat about the literature review with my advisor as I was a little concerned about the content etc, so thanks for this blog with extra info!
    Your meeting with Peter sounds great, I'm sure he'll be able to give you some advice and tips for your inquiry!
    Hope all else is well.
    speak soon
    Chiara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather - any updates? How did you get on with the literature?

    ReplyDelete