Thursday, October 3, 2013

1st Campus Session

Hello Everyone

Yesterday i attended the first campus session and was pleased that i attended as hearing what some of the students from module 2 and 3 said about the course really helped me understand where i was heading and inspired me to get studying. They reassured us that if we were feeling totally confused, then we were in the right place as if we knew everything already then what would be the point of the course? In my opinion i picture the course as a big journey where our thoughts and ideas will grow and change along the way.

To those of you who could not attend i would say that if you can get to a campus session it is really worth while as its a good time to ask questions and talk out your thoughts and problems with others and you get to leave the building with a clearer idea of where you are going as well as many more thoughts and ideas buzzing around your head.

The first exercise that we did was a Visual Thinking exercise this is where a word was said and we had to draw what this meant to us, without drawing objects, for example 'Gowth' my picture was simply lines getting bigger and fatter. This is because growth to me is about getting bigger in size 'on wards and up wards'. I found this exercise quite tricky as i found that my mind does not like to work in this way, as i am not an artistic person, my artistic talents lay else where!! Therefore it was an interesting exercise for me and i think it made me feel a bit out of my comfort zone but opened my eyes to a new way of thinking and i am sure this will not be the only time i will feel like this over the course.

The module 1 then went and we discussed Module 1 in a lot of detail and this has inspired me to get cracking so my next blog will be about the Reader 1.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment